The 2016 ALA Annual Poster Sessions will be held at the ALA Annual Conference at the Orange County Convention Center.
The poster sessions will occur on:
- Saturday: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm, 12:30-2:00 pm, and 2:30-4:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm, 12:30-2:00 pm, and 2:30-4:00 pm
- There will be no poster sessions on Monday.
Submission deadline is January, 29 2016. Submissions are now closed.
- How to submit a poster session
- General tips for submitting proposals
- Information for poster session presenters
- Poster sessions FAQ
- Go to the Poster Session Submission Site
Poster sessions were introduced to the American Library Association at its 1982 Annual Conference in Philadelphia. They are an effective forum for the exchange of information and a means to communicate ideas, research, and programs.
Poster sessions may present any of the following:
- a description of an innovative library program
- an analysis of a practical problem-solving effort
- a report of a research study
Poster sessions are not for product advertisements, vendor displays, etc. If you are unsure if your proposal qualifies, please email Melanie Griffin, Chair of the poster sessions at email@example.com.
Poster session participants place materials such as pictures, data, graphs, diagrams and narrative text on boards that are usually 4' x 8' (dimensions vary slightly by Convention Center). During their assigned time periods, participants informally discuss their presentations with conference attendees.